• Headwaters Conservation Area, 187 Blossom Rd. (north Westport)
• Handy House 202 Hix Bridge Rd. (central Westport)
• Dunham’s Brook Conservation Area, 1520 Main Rd. (south Westport)
• Bell School House, 25 Drift Rd. (central Westport)
• Town Farm, 830 Drift Rd. (central Westport)
• Herb Hadfield Conservation Area, 255 Cornell Rd. (south Westport)
Using the passport, you must follow the clues to find hidden boxes at each site, collect the stamps, and claim your prize! (Prizes are intended for children only.) Also called Geocaching – a fun time for families!
Prizes are available at:
- The Westport Land Conservation office at the Town Farm, 830 Drift Rd., Monday-Friday, 9:00-5:00. (On Saturdays you might find us at the Farmers Market from 8:30-1:00.)
- The Westport Historical Society office at the Bell School House, 25 Drift Rd., Wednesday-Friday, 10:00-2:00.
- The Handy House, 202 Hix Bridge Rd., second and fourth Saturday of the month, 10:00-4:00.
It’s a PDF file that consists of two letter-sized sheets. You can:
- Print it double-sided (if your printer supports this), and fold it in half vertically.
- Print it on two sheets. Then put the blank sides of the sheets together and fold the two sheets in half vertically.
Whether you print it double-sided or on two sheets, you should position the sheet(s) so the welcome message is on the front of the passport.
- This is a free self-guided family-friendly activity that runs from June 20-September 7. All walks are less than 1.5 miles and cover flat ground or moderate inclines.
- You may visit locations in any order, seven days a week and you do not need to complete all six in one day.
- Each passport box contains a stamp, an inkpad, a small notebook, and a pencil. We invite you to write thoughts, impressions, questions, and ideas in the notebooks. We will post selected comments on our Facebook pages.
- Please be considerate and replace the passport boxes in their hiding places. Call 508 636-6011 or 508 636-9228 for assistance or to report a missing stamp.
SEND US YOUR SELFIES!
We would love to see your pictures of the passport places you visit. Send images to
Or post your pictures to our Facebook pages.
Westport Summer Passport is a partnership of the Westport Historical Society, The Westport Land Conservation Trust, and the Westport Education Foundation. The activity was designed by Terry Somerson in collaboration with WHS, WLCT, and Westport Education Foundation. Graphic design by Geraldine Millham Design.
For more information about any of the featured locations, visit www.westportlandtrust.org or www.wpthistory.org.
This project is supported by the Westport Cultural Council through a grant from the Helen E. Ellis Charitable Trust administered by Bank of America.
Have fun, enjoy yourselves, and have a wonderful Westport summer!